CAL FIRE was quick to respond to reports of smoke North of Oroville this morning. The fire was reported this morning located at an olive orchard on Table Mountain Blvd. The fire was near Coal Canyon Rd. and the junction of Highway 70 and 149.
Firefighters halted the blaze to about a third of an acre where it was contained in about 5 minutes. CAL FIRE's Rick Carhart was happy about the quick containment of the fire and that very little property was affected.
"It burned a little tiny bit into an olive orchard. I counted 8 trees affected. I don't even know if the trees are affected or not, b ut the grass underneath it burned." - Rick Carhart, Butte County CAL FIRE PIO
Carhart said no structures were damaged and no people were harmed during this fire.
PG&E was also quick to the scene to ensure no power lines were affected.
Fire crews will return tonight or tomorrow to ensure there are no flare-ups.
Investigators are still trying to determine whether or not a pick-up truck pulling a boat on a low-riding trailer caused the fire.
- Table Mountain Blvd vegetation fire
- Woman survives 50-foot fall at Table Mountain
- Car fire spreads to vegetation
- Hiking Table Mountain will soon come at a cost
- Table Mountain is where you can see Butte County's 'bloom'
- Fire Crews Battle Structure, Vegetation Fire
- Fireplace ashes spark vegetation fire in Oroville
- Shed Fire Spreads to Vegetation in Magalia
- Vegetation Fire Contained in South Chico
- Vegetation Fire Burns 3 Acres in Thermalito