Photo Gallery 2 Images
UPDATE: 10:04 a.m.
Redding, Calif.—According to CHP there were multiple accidents throughout Redding Wednesday morning.
On Interstate 5 northbound there was a two vehicle accident involving a pickup truck and a car around 8 a.m.
People in these vehicles were not injured and waiting for a tow truck on the left shoulder of the northbound side.
While traffic behind this accident was slowing down a big rig ran into the back of another big rig.
The driver of the second big rig was stuck inside the cab of the truck.
Traffic was backed up from Knighton Road all the way to Balls Ferry Road in Anderson.
The truck driver was removed from the truck around 9:30 a.m.
He was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Traffic northbound Interstate 5 was down to one lane of traffic for over an hour.
Redding, Calif. – A traffic alert for Wednesday morning commuters on Interstate 5 in Redding.
The California Highway Patrol is on scene of a multi-vehicle, rollover accident at State Road 44 and Interstate Five, causing major traffic backups and slowdowns. Emergency vehicles are on scene.
According to the CHP incident page, a big rig tractor was crushed underneath another trailer and the driver of the big rig needed help getting out.
This is a developing story. More information as it becomes available.
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-5 Accident Near Redding
- Redding traffic alert
- Traffic Alert: Redding Highway 44
- TRAFFIC ALERT: NB I-5 Currently Closed in Anderson
- Traffic Alert: NB I-5 Slowed due to Overturned Big Rig
- Traffic Alert: Kennedy Avenue
- Traffic Alerts: Highway 299
- UPDATE: TRAFFIC ALERT: fatal accident between train and pedestrian
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- UPDATE: Traffic Alert: Highway 32