Los Molinos, Calif. - The Tehama County Sheriff's Office say deputies arrested a man for trying to set fire to Los Molinos Church.
The Sheriff's Office says deputies reponded to the Los Molinos Methodist Church on Josephine Street at 5:15 a.m. on Saturday concerning suspicious activity.
Deputies say they found Mark Boles, 51, trying to ignite a 250-gallon propane tank behind the church using a portable burning torch.
Boles refused multiple orders to stop what he was doing, according to deputies.He then had to be moved away from the propane tank using a high presure water hose from a fire truck at the scene.
He then fled the scene and was apprehended immediately after fleeing behind the church. There, he reportedly struggled with deputies trying to detain him, and he was ultimately subdued and arrested.
Boles is now facing felony charges of Arson, Possession of an Ignition Device, Criminal Threats and Resisting Arrest. He is behind bars in the Tehama County Jail.
- TCSO: Man Arrested for Trying to Set Fire to Los Molinos Church
- TCSO: Los Molinos Man Threatens Daughter’s Boyfriend over Household Chores
- TCSO: Los Molinos Shooting Suspect’s Death Caused by Self-Inflicted Wound
- Los Molinos man turns 100 years old
- Missing 13-Year-Old Found in Los Molinos
- Los Molinos vigilante dads catch and tie up thief
- Elderly Los Molinos pit bull helps fight off intruder
- 50th Fourth of July Parade at Los Molinos
- Los Molinos Employee Dies in Work-Related Death
- Los Molinos Employees Voice Safety Concerns Following Factory Death