UPDATE Monday 4-23-2018 5 p.m. - The victim of a recent homicide that occurred near Red Bluff has been identified.
The murder happened Friday morning at about 11:30 a.m. near Urban Lane and Montecito Road, located west of Red Bluff in rural Tehama County.
Area where neighbor allegedly killed neighbor in rural Tehama Co. west of Red Bluff
The victim and the suspect were neighbors. 55 year old Michael Paul Jones was the man who was killed. We have not been notified about the cause of death yet, though the autopsy was scheduled for today. Officers say the death was not due to use of a firearm.
33 year old Jacob Daniel Oropeza was arrested and charged for Jones' murder. His bail has been set at one million dollars.
RED BLUFF, Calif. - The Tehama County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a homicide that occurred on Friday near Urban Lane and Montecito Road in Red Bluff.
Sergeant Stephen Hoag from the TCSO said the man died from a “non-firearm related” incident and that a suspect has been captured.
Authorities do not believe there are more suspects in this case.
This is a developing story check back for more information.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHP CALLING ARREST AN 'UNUSUAL INCIDENT'
- CHICO SAVEMART ROBBERY ARREST
- BUTTE COUNTY’S MOST WANTED CRIMINALS
- Updated: Murdered Man in Tehama Co. Identified
- Tehama County Woman Convicted of Attempted Murder
- Tehama County DA has identified the suspected shooter
- Tehama County Election Results
- Man Stabbed in Tehama County Monastery
- Chico man identified as person killed in Tehama County plane crash
- Two Tehama County men receive life sentences for separate murders
- Tehama Co. Murder Suspect’s Mental Capacity Being Questioned
- UPDATE: Oroville shooting victim identified
- Tehama County DA speaks about the Rancho Tehama shootings