CHICO, Calif. - One of the largest phone carriers in the United States is making it easier to donate to the Red Cross during the Camp Fire devastation, by simply sending a text message.
People can donate $10 to the Red Cross by texting the word “CAWILDFIRE” to 90999, and it will be charged on your next phone bill.
T-Mobile has deployed numerous trucks in the Chico community to allow those displaced to charge their cellphones, receive devices for free and get a hot spot for the internet.
Action News Now spoke to Rich Garwood, vice president of southwestern T-Mobile for California, and he says his company is very supportive to everyone affected by the Camp Fire.
If you would like to know if a T-Mobile truck will be arriving around your area in Chico, click here.
- T-Mobile Aiding Camp Fire Evacuees
- ThirdLove Gives Love to Camp Fire Evacuees
- Camp Fire Evacuees Search for Affordable Housing
- How Donations Get to Camp Fire Evacuees
- FEMA: What's Next for Camp Fire Evacuees
- Wattles Given Away to Camp Fire Evacuees
- Community Center in Magalia Helps Camp Fire Evacuees
- Dignity Health Offers Free Food to Camp Fire Evacuees
- Waste Management Workers Save Elderly Camp Fire Evacuee
- Walmart Still Has Welcome Mat Out for Camp Fire Evacuees