UPDATE, 9:45 a.m., Sunday, May 26, 2019 - Sutter County Sheriff's Department said they have arrested Jesus Perez on unrelated charges to the homicide case.
Perez, of Gridley, has been identified as the driver of the blue Honda.
He was booked for evading an officer, threatening an officer and felony possession of a firearm.
The victim has been identified as Paramjit Singh Randhwa of Yuba City
SUTTER CO., Calif. - Sutter County Detectives are investigating a possible homicide in Live Oak.
The Sutter County Sheriff's Office got a call just before 9 a.m. on May 25, saying a man had been shot in the head and was lying in a walnut orchard near Meyers Lane.
Deputies found the body and a blue Honda nearby.
The driver of the Honda sped off to lead officials on a short chase which ended when the driver crashed near Pass Road and West Butte Road.
The Sheriff's office has at least one suspect in custody.
The victim has not yet been identified.
- Sutter Co. Detectives investigating homicide, victim identified
- Victim identified in Redding homicide investigation
- Sutter County Election Results
- Update: Butte County Sheriff's office detectives continue homicide investigation
- Corning Police Investigating Homicide
- Oroville Homicide Under Investigation
- Shasta County Sheriff Identifies Victims in Double Homicide
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office Identifies Victim in Anderson Homicide
- Fatal Crash Victim Identified
- Butte County detectives arrest suspect in connection to 2017 homicide