UPDATE: 3/29/2018 4:14 p.m.
Oak Run Calif.—Deputy Coroner Investigator were dispatched to Oak Run regarding a suspicious death.
The decedent was positively identified as 49 year old Jack Barr of Oak Run.
The case is still under investigation by the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, Major Crimes Unit.
UPDATE: 3/27/2018 11:34 a.m.
Oak Run Calif.—Monday morning around 7 a.m. deputies from the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to Frontier Road in Oak Run for a report of a gunshot victim.
When deputies arrived they found a deceased adult male with gunshot wounds.
Detectives with the Major Crimes Unit took over the investigation.
The death is determined to be a homicide.
Identity of the victim cannot be released at this time pending the next of kin notification.
The autopsy of the victim is scheduled for Wednesday March 28th.
Major Crimes Unit is investigating to determine the person or persons responsible for the victim’s death.
At this time there is no indication the public’s safety is at risk.
Information as to motive, involved parties, and other investigative information is not being released at this time.
Detectives are aware of information released regarding a loud boom being heard in connection with the investigation.
According to detectives, the loud boom happened on Saturday March 24th and it not connected to the victim’s death.
Detectives learned the loud boom appeared to be related to evidence of an acid bomb constructed with a soda bottle being set off in the area of the Victim’s residence.
The Major Crimes Unit is urging anyone that has information about the homicide on Frontier Road, Oak Run to contact the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit at 530-245-6135.
Around 7 a.m. Monday morning, officials say a person visited a home in the Mill Creek subdivision in the Oak Run area east of Redding.
A man was found shot to death. As of 10 Monday evening officials could not release further information.
We're working to find out what happened.
- UPDATE: Suspicious Death in Oak Run Identified
- Police identify hit-and-run, stolen vehicle suspect detained in Hooker Oak Park
- BCSO: Suspicious death investigation in Oroville
- Police investigating "suspicious death" in Chico
- Siskiyou Sheriff Calls Suspicious Death a Homicide
- UPDATE: Oroville shooting victim identified
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office investigating suspicious death near Yreka
- Rabid Bat Found Inside Live Oak Home
- Valley Oak Children's Services hosts 'Happiest Hour'
- Deputies identify suspicious suspect on Berry Creek Elementary campus as 14-year-old