BUTTE COUNTY, Calif - A man suspected of driving under the influence and hitting head-on with another car on Saturday has been arrested after running from CHP officers near Oro Bangor Highway, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The CHP says two cars collided leaving several people injured on Swedes Flat Road and Oro Bangor Highway on Saturday just after 3:30 p.m.
The suspected drunk driver known as 39-year-old Gary Chipman fled from officers but was later found along Oro Bangor Highway in the front yard of a woman's residence, according to CHP.
The suspect was left with major injuries and his condition is unknown at this time.
Traffic along the intersection was at a standstill but reopened after the two vehicles involved got towed.
- CHP: DUI hit-and-run driver arrested after head-on crash at Oro Bangor Hwy
- Oro Quincy Hwy Won't Reopen This Year
- Oroville CHP Arrests Mother for DUI
- Redding DUI Hit and Run
- UPDATE: CHP searching for hit and run suspect after head on crash in Cottonwood
- CHP warns drivers after crash in Paradise
- CHP: 1 dead, after suspected DUI car crash in Oroville
- CHP: Chico man dead after suspected DUI motorcycle crash
- CHP confirms fatal crash blocking both lanes of Hwy 99 near Hwy 162 junction
- Oroville CHP: "13 DUI Arrests in 15 Days is Average"