Redding police said that a man suspected of stealing three previous vehicles lead officers to a car pursuit near Highway 273 and Canyon Road.
According to Redding police, this happened about 4 p.m. Saturday in Redding after Officer Nolan Guiducci attempted to stop a vehicle, but fled south on Highway 273.
The pursuit continued east, crossing the Sacramento River and then north onto Airport Road.
Officers canceled the pursuit because the suspect was recklessly driving.
The California Highway Patrol Air Operations assisted with following the stolen vehicle from overhead.
The driver identified as 24-year-old Michael Alexander Steele drove towards a residential neighborhood near Knighton Road and then fled on foot.
Redding Police along with Anderson Police found Steele hiding underneath a trailer in a backyard.
When Steele wouldn’t cooperate with officers, K9 officer “Dozer” apprehended him and afterward, Steele was transported to a local hospital for medical clearance.
Police said Steele was recently released from prison in the fall of 2017 and since his return, he has been apprehended three times in stolen vehicles.
Steele was booked into the Shasta County Jail for evading law enforcement, possession of a stolen car, resisting arrest, a violation of Post Release Community Supervision and two felony warrants.
- Suspected car burglar leads officers in highway pursuit
- Chico Car Chase Leads to Foot Pursuit
- Chico police chase, arrest suspected car burglar
- Footprints lead cops straight to burglar
- Redding K-9 Captures Church Burglar Suspect
- Police Identify Jon & Bon's Burglar Suspect
- California Assemblywoman Office Burglarized Before Election Day
- Alleged ATM Burglars Caught in Redding, 1 Suspect Outstanding
- Chico woman catches suspected burglars napping in neighbor's home
- Grocery Outlet Robbery Suspect Initiates Foot Pursuit, Fights with Employee