An Oroville man was arrested early Tuesday morning after allegedly driving drunk into a family's home in south Oroville.
Oroville Police officials says a family living on Walmer Road near Los Plumas Avenue woke up to a vehicle in their home at around 4:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Officials say it all started when officers tried to stop driver 23-year-old Kyle Dudley for suspicion of driving drunk, when he refused to stop.
A short chase with officer ensued, but due to the heavy fog it was stopped. It ended when Dudley reportedly crashed his car into the front of a family's home on Walmer Road.
Jorge Acosta lives at that home on Walmer Road with his wife and two kids. They will now be displaced right before the Thanksgiving holiday.
"Yeah, it's just around the corner and we already had everything planned out so this is going to set us back a little bit, but it's nothing we can't bounce back from," said Acosta.
Police say Dudley blew a .10 on his breathalyzer test, putting him well over the legal limit of .08.
Dudley was hospitalized with a broken arm and has been arrested for Driving Under the Influence.
Oroville Police Leiutenant Nicodemus says Dudley's license is currently suspended from a DUI he got one in April.
- Suspected DUI driver crashes into family's home in south Oroville
- CHP: 1 dead, after suspected DUI car crash in Oroville
- DUI Suspect in Deadly Oroville Crash Pleads Not Guilty
- Suspected DUI driver crashes into creek off Highway 32
- Suspected DUI driver speeds, crashes, gets major injuries
- Suspected DUI driver rams LA patrol cars
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico
- Driver that killed 3 in suspected DUI crash makes bail, family identified
- Car Crashes Into Oroville Home
- Vacant home catches fire in South Oroville