REDDING, Calif.- Redding Police say that a man driving under the influence rear-ended a patrol car.
According to officers, Jason Paul Snider from Redding rear-ended a marked police car on Cedars Road near Kenyon Drive. This happened on Thursday around 10 p.m.
Snider was speeding before the collision. When he hit the police car, the force of the impact turned the car around, pushing it off the road. Snider then lost control of his car and went off the road as well into heavy brush and vines. Both cars sustained major damage.
CHP responded to the scene and conducted a DUI investigation. Snider displayed obvious signs of intoxication and was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, with a blood alcohol level above .08%.
Snider was booked at the Shasta County Jail.
The officer that was hit was transported to Shasta Regional Medical Center and treated and released for minor injuries.
- Suspected DUI Driver Rear-Ends Redding Police Car
- Suspected DUI driver rams LA patrol cars
- Alleged DUI Driver Overturns Car, Causes Property Damage in Redding
- Suspected DUI Driver Dies After Jumping Off Bridge: Redding PD
- Paradise police arrest DUI suspect
- Suspected DUI driver hits police car while officer has another car pulled over
- DUI Driver Leaves Redding Traffic Sign Damaged: Police
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico
- Suspected DUI driver involved in 2017 crash runs from Redding police
- Redding DUI Hit and Run