CHICO, Calif. - Chico Police are investigating a one-man crime spree that escalated into a manhunt.
Police say just before 8 a.m. on Tuesday, a man broke into a business at E. 1st and Sheridan Avenues.
An employee forced the man out of the business, but then he stole a truck that was parked in front.
That truck was driven by a contractor, Jon Bailey, who left the keys in the ignition of the car.
"I was the guy he was looking for, the stupid guy who left his key in the ignition and it happened that quick. I take my lessons the hard way and hopefully, that'll be the last time I leave the key in the ignition," says Bailey.
Bailey says that he left the green Nissan truck unattended for four minutes before the truck was stolen.
With Bailey's truck, officers say the suspect tried to break into another home near Ceanothus Avenue.
He then backed into a car at the intersection of Eaton and Ceanothus Avenue.
Later that same day, police spotted the stolen truck at Hooker Oak Park off of Manzanita Avenue.
The truck was returned to Bailey with minor damage and nothing missing from the vehicle.
Police identified the suspect of the theft as 34-year-old Pawandeep Sekhon.
Chico Police called in a Butte County Sheriff's Office K-9 unit, which then detained Sekhon.
- Suspect leads Chico Police on manhunt after burglarizing business
- Chico police chase, arrest suspected car burglar
- Redding Police: Burglar Found Sleeping Behind Business
- Traffic Stop Leads to Manhunt in Redding
- Police Identify Jon & Bon's Burglar Suspect
- Burglar Arrested for Allegedly Stealing from Chico Business
- Suspected car burglar leads officers in highway pursuit
- Manhunt underway for Shasta County shooting suspect
- Manhunt underway for Orland bank robbery suspect
- Roseville identity theft manhunt