MERCED, Calif. - The manhunt is over for a man suspected of shooting a Merced Sheriff's Deputy after California Highway Patrol sent out a statewide Blue Alert.
The Merced County Sheriff's Office said Guadalupe Lopez-Herrera was taken into custody Thursday in Kings County after a nearly hour-long chase.
Deputies said 51-year-old Guadalupe Lopez-Herrera opened fire on deputies when they found him hiding out after a report of domestic violence. The deputy was shot in the leg but is expected to fully recover. This was at a home in Dos Palos, Thursday, Sept. 5.
The purpose of the Blue Alert is to help coordinate agencies after a violent attack upon a law enforcement officer.
- Suspect in Merced sheriff's sergeant shooting captured
- Merced Sheriff released molester by mistake
- Sheriff Honea holds promotion ceremony for 7 sergeants, 2 lieutenants
- Officials seek man who allegedly shot Merced County deputy
- Oroville police capture murder suspect
- Charges filed on former Chico Police Sergeant
- Former Chico Police sergeant back in court
- Shasta County Sheriff: Armed Home Invaders Captured
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- K-9 ‘Aero’ Helps Capture Drug Suspect