The second of two suspects in a Shasta County kidnapping case appeared before a judge this morning.
43 year old Fred Sanderson faces charges of attempted murder, criminal threats, kidnapping and torture, after allegedly kidnapping a 25 year old woman and leaving her stranded overnight.
She was exposed to the elements near the Eskimo Hill area in eastern Shasta County.
Sanderson asked for public defender after he was unable to work out a financial agreement with his attorney.
He also waived time in order to give the court a chance to find him an attorney.
Sanderson faces charges alongside 33 year old Johanna Knighten who pleaded not guilty last week to seven counts of conspiracy to commit murder, kidnapping, robbery, and torture.
- Suspect in kidnapping case in court today
- Suspects Maintain Innocence in Kidnapping Case
- Shasta County kidnapping suspects in court on attempted murder charges
- Cold case murder suspect back in court
- New Details in Shasta Kidnapping Case
- Update on IASCO flight school kidnapping case
- 1993 cold case murder suspects back in court.
- Attempted Kidnapping Victim Speaks
- Butte County DA Drops Charges in Attempted Kidnapping Case
- Florida suspected school shooter appears in court