GLENN COUNTY, Calif. - Two years after former Pleasant Valley High School teacher and coach Brett Silva was killed in a car crash, the man who authorities say caused the crash has been arrested. The California Highway Patrol announced Wednesday evening that 25-year-old Ramon Barrera Junior was taken into custody just after 5 p.m. in the Arbuckle area.
Silva was hit head-on on Highway 32 in Glenn County in a suspected DUI crash, though Barrera, Junior is only charged with vehicular manslaughter at this point, according to the CHP news release. On Tuesday, the actual 2nd anniversary of the fatal crash, Glenn County District Attorney Dwayne Stewart said he hoped to file charges within the next three months. Less than 24 hours later, Barrera, Junior was arrested. He was booked into the Glenn County Jail.
Rick Silva, the victim's brother, told Action News Now Wednesday evening that he's happy there is movement in the case after two years, but he's holding off on any further comment for now.
- Suspect in 2017 Brett Silva Death Arrested
- Brett Silva Memorial All-Star Soccer Classic
- Investigation into Death of Brett Silva Moving Forward
- Brother, District Attorney weigh in on Brett Silva case
- Loved ones hold candlelight vigil for Brett Silva on 1-year anniversary of his death
- District Attorney: Charges Will be Filed Within Three Months in Brett Silva Case
- Butte County detectives arrest suspect in connection to 2017 homicide
- Brett Kavanaugh In The Spotlight
- Subway Robbery Suspect Arrested
- K-Mart Robbery Suspect Arrested