ANDERSON, Calif. - A man was arrested Thursday morning after authorities said he tried to steal newspaper delivered to the Anderson Police Department.
Employees at the department were arriving to work around 7:50 a.m. when they found a man they said was trying to steal a newspaper that had been delivered to the lobby doors for the police chief earlier in the morning.
Employees alerted Anderson Police Chief Michael Johnson of the alleged theft.
Johnson found Michael Lee McBride, 22, with the stolen newspaper.
McBride was found to be in possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia as well.
He was arrested and booked into Shasta County Jail.
- Suspect caught stealing newspaper from Anderson Police Department
- Anderson Police: Suspects Steal Car With Dog Inside
- Anderson Police taser arson suspect at fire department
- Anderson Police Departments Warns of Porch Pirates
- Man steals El dorado County Sheriff's patrol SUV, suspect caught
- Anderson police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Anderson police arrest suspected porch pirate
- Anderson police arrest woman suspected of robbery
- Anderson police identify Walmart bomb threat suspect
- Anderson armed robbery suspect identified