REDDING, Calif. - A Redding woman was arrested after authorities said she stabbed her husband and slashed his throat with a folding knife.
Around 5:25 p.m. on May 19, officers responded to a home at 1259 Market Street due to reports from a woman that she had stabbed her husband.
Authorities found a man at the home suffering from multiple stab wounds and a significant slashing-type wound to his neck. He was transported to the hospital for treatment of his injuries.
The suspect, Sandi Garfias-Franco, 25, told investigators that she and the victim were married but experiencing relationship troubles. She said the victim was visiting her apartment when an argument broke out and she, without warning, stabbed him in the back and slashed his throat with a folding knife.
She provided investigators with inconsistent statements regarding what led to the stabbing.
Garfias-Franco was arrested for attempted murder and booked into Shasta County Jail.
Authorities have not released the identity of the victim or his condition. Stay tuned for updates.
- Suspect arrested for slashing husband's throat with folding knife
- Suspect Arrested for Pulling Knife on Man at Chico Bus Stop
- Suspect arrested for charging at people with a knife in supermarket parking lot
- South Carolina Woman Suspected of Killing Husband with Eye Drops
- Subway Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Oroville shooting suspects arrested
- Knife fight in an Oroville orchard
- K-Mart Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Chico High Burglary Suspect Arrested
- Suspect Arrested in Oroville Shooting