CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Police Department arrested a woman they said was caught shoplifting at Target.
Authorities first received reports of the alleged crime around 10 p.m. on Tuesday at the Target located at 1951 E. 20th Street in Chico.
The Target Loss Prevention staff detained the woman at Target.
The suspect was identified as 18-year-old Nicole Young.
The business' property was recovered and Young was placed under arrest for shoplifting.
Authorities said the city of Chico is actively participating in the Retail Watch Program, which aims to reduce all thefts and hold suspects accountable.
- Suspect arrested for shoplifting at Chico Target
- Shoplifting arrests up in Chico
- Home Depot workers help Chico police arrest shoplifting suspects
- Chico Police Arrest TJ Maxx Shoplifters
- Winco employees help Chico police capture armed shoplifting suspect
- Chico Police arrest man for shoplifting, find 250 syringes
- Chico PD: Shoplifting Prevention Program is Successful
- Scammer Targets Chico Renters
- Police capture suspected shoplifters in stolen car
- Chico High Burglary Suspect Arrested