SUSANVILLE, Calif. - On Jan. 17 at approximately 9:15 a.m., officers from the Susanville Police Department responded to the 1800 block of Main St. in front of the Sinclair gas station on a reported vehicle versus pedestrian collision.
Police say that when officers arrived on scene witnesses were attempting to give aid to the victim. Medical personnel arrived on the scene and pronounced the 37-year-old female subject deceased.
Officials say the initial investigation determined that the driver of the vehicle, possibly a dark-colored SUV did not stop after the accident and continued eastbound on Main St. Officers were unable to locate the vehicle.
Officials say this is an active investigation. SPD officers are reviewing video footage and interviewing the witnesses.
If you know the driver of the vehicle or have any other information about this incident, please call the Susanville Police Department at 530-257-2171
- Susanville Police Department is investigating a deadly hit and run
- State prison officials investigating inmate homicide in Susanville
- Two Dead Following Fatal Collision in Susanville
- Forward progress stopped on Cummings Fire in Susanville
- Susanville Interagency Fire Center stopped progression on 7 fires
- Several inmates injured in Susanville Correction Center riot
- Man arrested for 33 counts of child pornography in Susanville
- Susanville man Accused of Making Threats to Police; Drugs and Firearms Seized
- CHP looking for vehicle involved in deadly hit and run
- Woman Faces 12-Year Sentence in Deadly Hit-and-Run