Chico, Calif.-- We're off the a great start this weekend with warm and sunny conditions across the valley today.
We're going to stay dry into the work week, beginning to cool next week with a slight chance of light precipitation mainly over the coastal and Shasta mountains late Wednesday night into Friday.
Here's what's behind the mild weather: High pressure is still in place over the North State, and a weak, dry upper level low over Southern California.
Thanks to the high, we'll stay above normal through Tuesday although we start the work week a little bit cooler than this weekend - that's happening as the low to our south moves inland.
The chilly nights continue with lows in the valley in the 40s, and at around our below freezing in the mountain areas.
Two weak low pressure systems move through the Pacific Northwest later this week to edge out the high pressure ridge.
First, Tuesday night into Wednesday and we see some rain in Western Shasta or Trinity area possible, even a chance of a little snowfall in the high elevations like Mt. Shasta.
The tail end of a stronger system may drop through Thursday night into Friday, this one may sweep lower into Shasta County.
So, while you may be a bit disappointed if you were hoping for some valley rain, we can say that we'll have some cooler weather in store, getting us back to near normal.
Next weekend, high pressure ridging clears our skies and warms us back up again.
7 DAY: Redding forecast
7 DAY: Chico forecast
WEATHER: Maps and radar
- Sunshine Tomorrow, Rain Ahead?
- Cooler Tomorrow With Chance of Rain Ahead
- More rain ahead!
- Windy across the valley through tomorrow, warm weekend ahead
- Bidwell Bark Tomorrow in Chico
- Heavy rain ahead for Northern California
- Some Rain Sunday and Breezy Week Ahead
- Rain & snow showers ahead for your Wednesday
- Breezy Afternoon, Rain Ahead This Weekend
- Heavy rain & snow ahead for Northern California