Keep your sunglasses in hand - we have days of clear skies across the North State as high pressure ridging takes hold.
Temperatures today are just above normal, up about 10 degrees from yesterday.
A strong warming trend is expected the next few days, warming up another 3-6 degrees on Thursday with 80s expected through the Central Valley and high 60s in the mountains.
An approaching short-wave may bring slight cooling as early as Friday - dropping us back down about 10 degrees Saturday as it moves through.
Valley highs will peak in the mid to upper 70s, while the foothills top out in the 60s to the low 70, and the ridges rise upper 50s and 60s.
The system will bring a chance for rain to the northern mountains Friday and moving south into the foothills and Sierra by Saturday.
Snow levels will be high so if you're travelling through, you shoudln't hit any problems out on the mountain roads.
Early next week, high pressure is forecast to build back in, which will raise our high temperatures once again.
7 DAY: Redding forecast
7 DAY: Chico forecast
WEATHER: Maps and radar
- Sunny skies and rising temperatures wrap up this work week
- Sunny skies & warmer temperatures ahead for Northern California
- Sunny & warmer start to your work week!
- Sunny & pleasant start to your work week
- Sunny skies & a modest warming trend ahead
- Sunny Skies for Wildflower Music Festival Saturday
- Hot Temperatures Again Next Week!
- Sunny skies & modest warming trend ahead for the rest of the week
- Sunny skies, and a modest warming trend ahead
- Sunny skies & a warming trend ahead for Northern California