Photo Gallery 5 Images
Women are still unrepresented nationwide in the fields of Science and Engineering, but a local summer camp in Chico is looking to change all that. Action News Now reporter Stephanie Lin sat down with the campers of Girls Who Code...
Chico's tech community has come together again this year to support the STEM and leadership education of young girls. The girls have been heads down, coding, designing, and developing marketing plans all week at the headquarters of Build.com. The company is one of Chico's startup success stories.
Nationwide numbers for the STEM industry may still show women outnumbered by men. But Chico is working to change those figures. For more information on how you can sign up your child for the program, you can check out gocodechico.com.
- Summer Program Inspires Chico Girls to Code
- Rosedale Elementary students take part in Hour of Code program
- Chico's 'Code Blue' Project Helps Homeless Impacted by Winter Weather
- CODE BLUE tent opens to keep homeless warm in Chico
- Chico city leaders plan for Codes Blue & Red
- Bidwell Mansion offers Summer Program for Kids
- Operation Chill Hits Chico the Summer
- Chico Chamber Summer Bash is Thursday
- 5 Chico schools undergo summer renovations
- Chico Retail Watch Program Reporting Successes