UPDATE - One Thermalito home was destroyed Thursday afternoon in the "Colusa Fire" on 6th Street, the vegetation fire burned two acres.
The vegetation fire spread to a single home, Cal Fire said there were a few occupants inside but no one was hurt.
Cal Fire said there were a few occupants inside but no one was hurt.
Authorities also said the fire moved towards a home, a power line came down, making firefighting conditions difficult.
UPDATE -Firefighters have stopped the forward progress of the 2-acre fire that burned some structures, said Cal Fire.
Crews were on scene just before 3 p.m. and they're still at scene mitigating structure threats.
THERMALITO, Calif. - Cal Fire-Butte County is at the scene of a vegetation fire that has already burned structures in Thermalito Thursday afternoon.
According to Cal fire, the fire is burning on Colusa Avenue just off of Grand Avenue.
— CAL FIRE Butte Unit/Butte County Fire Department (@CALFIRE_ButteCo) July 5, 2018
More structures are threatened at the moment, according to a Cal Fire tweet.
It is unknown how big the fire and how many structures have been burned.
This is a developing story check back for updates.
- 2-Acre Fire Destroys Thermalito Home
- Fireworks Cause 2-Acre Fire in Magalia: Cal Fire
- Vegetation Fire Burns 3 Acres in Thermalito
- Thermalito School Fire Damages Playground Equipment
- Fire at School Playground in Thermalito
- Fire destroys home in Oroville
- Concert benefits Thermalito girl with cancer
- 50K Steelhead Trout released into Thermalito Afterbay
- Control Burn in the Thermalito Area
- Fire destroys mobile home in Oroville