Residents in one Redding neighborhood say they've experienced a recent spike in mailbox thefts.
It happened in this neighborhood near Mistletoe Lane and Canby Road.
Residents say the mailboxes were ransacked early Wednesday morning or late Tuesday night.
A local neighbor Ray Dibble said, “I found my neighbor's mail scattered along the street. And some of it had been opened. And things that were like ads and things weren't opened, they were still closed.”
Another resident said thieves were probably looking for cash or gift cards as he found several opened Christmas cards thrown in the street while walking his son to school.
The postal service says this is the time of year for mail and package thefts.
They say not to send cash in the mail, and report all suspected mail theft to a postal inspector.
- String of mailbox thefts in Redding
- Suspicious device found near mailbox on Bechelli Lane in Redding
- Red Bluff Little League Theft
- Shivering baby owl found in mailbox in Iowa
- Three arrests in Redding auto-theft sting
- Mail Theft an Issue in Redding
- Car Thefts and Burglaries Remain Constant in Redding
- Red Bluff Woman Arrested for Forgery and Identity Theft
- Redding Police find motorcycle theft suspect hiding behind trash can
- Chico police arrest suspect in string of armed robberies