Be prepared for a hot afternoon across Northern California before you head out the door today. Make sure you're dressed for the heat and are staying hydrated. Skies are clear for the start of your Tuesday and will be sunny this afternoon. The threat of active weather is now expected to stay to our Southeast for the remainder of the week. Temperatures are starting out in the 60's to 70's in the valley this morning, and in the 40's to 50's in the mountains early today. You won't be needing a jacket or an extra layer on your way out the door this morning. Winds will be picking up this afternoon and are projected to top out at around 15mph out of the North. Humidity will dip into the 15 to 30 percent range in the valley this afternoon. High temperatures are projected to climb into the high 90's to low triple digits in the valley and into the 80's to low 90's in the mountains. The hotter temperatures, lower humidity, and breezy North winds will result in elevated fire danger today.
We're staying hot for your Wednesday but temperatures are expected to be a couple of degrees cooler than this afternoon. Skies will stay sunny on Wednesday and the threat of thunderstorms will move further to our Southeast. A cooler system will be moving through the Pacific Northwest later this week and that will result in a substantial cooling trend in our area. We'll dip back into the high 80's to low 90's in the vally on Thursday and then down into the low 80's on Friday. There will be a chance for showers brushing across the far Northern end of California in Siskiyou County, but wet weather is not expected to sag any further than that.
High pressure will start to build back in on Saturday and that will result in another warming trend on the way. Valley areas will end up back in the mid 80's on Saturday, and will then climb into the mid 90's on Sunday. High 90's to low triple digit heat will be possible again for the start of next week.
- Storm tracker forecast: Getting toasty for your Tuesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & toasty this weekend
- Staying toasty this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A warmer & sunnier Tuesday
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & smoky
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry & warmer for your Tuesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat Monday and Tuesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Rainy Monday but drying out on Tuesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with high fire danger Tuesday