PARADISE, Calif. - Action News Now went to Paradise and the Thursday Night Market in Chico to see how weather impacted those areas.
Hail scattered all over Paradise Thursday evening.
"Extremely heavy over there with a short period of time," said Bo Price, a Camp Fire survivor.
Mixed in with heavy rain, the storm caused slow traffic on the Skyway.
"We were inside the auditorium for graduation," Price said.
The hail came down hard at one point.
"It was loud enough where it overpowered the speakers for a bit," said Price.
Water pooled over in parking lots, rushing down in heavy streams on the Skyway.
"It's very inconvenient I'm sure for the people downstream and all the gushing gutters and gushing across the land," said Diane Lung, a Camp Fire survivor.
A flash flood warning was issued until 10 p.m. Thursday, with debris flows and mudslides expected in Camp Fire burn scar areas.
Lung said she was concerned.
"We have a river on the side of our property that was gushing. This is June," Lung said.
Action News Now stopped by the Thursday Night Market to see how the weather affected the shopping.
"Everybody was hunkered in their tents, hanging out and then I think probably 20 minutes in they decided to pack up and everybody left," said Chris Folan, a shopper in the area.
He says this weather is unusual for this time of year.
The Thursday Night Market didn't have any shoppers or vendors by 7:30 p.m.
"I like it, I don't think it's good for people downtown trying to make money in their farming goods and stuff like that, but next Thursday it will probably be a lot better," Folan said.
CAL FIRE confirmed a lightning strike started a small fire near La Port road in the Bangor area in South Butte County.
By the time firefighters arrived, the rain had already put the flames out.
- Storm affects Thursday Night Market shopping, traffic in Paradise
- Camp Fire survivors open up shop at Thursday Night Market
- Thursday Night Market returns in Chico
- Strong arm robbery at Thursday Night Market
- Power outage affecting hundreds in Lower Paradise
- Railroad work affects traffic between Redding, Chico
- Downtown Thursday Night Market is Back in Chico
- Thursday Night Market Goes On Despite Triple Temps
- Holiday shopping and skating in Paradise
- Traffic Alert for the town of Paradise