BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Action News Now reporter Laura Eng went to Honey Run Road, an area that has previously seen a lot of flooding, to determine how they're holding up in the Jan. 16 storm.
Action News Now spoke with some neighbors in the area who aren't very concerned about major flooding because the covert in the area has been cleared out.
"We've had it for a while but it had backed up when that water came down," said Ue Labaw, a resident in the area who prepared her property for the flooding. "We trimmed the grass out of a ditch around the house which we were digging feverishly the first time."
Cal Fire said they're keeping an eye on areas such as Honey Run and Hun Cut Creek drainage as the storm continues Wednesday.
For the latest road closures and traffic conditions, CLICK HERE.
- Storm Watch: Flooding on Honey Run Road
- Evacuation Order Issued for Honey Run Road due to Flooding
- Storm Watch: Durham Road Closures and Flooding
- Video: Honey Run Road Destruction After Camp Fire
- Photographer shares Honey Run Bridge evacuation photo
- Honey Run Covered Bridge Association seeking caretaker
- Groundbreaking at Honey Run Covered Bridge park
- Storm Watch: Road Conditions in Shasta County
- 1 Dead in Butte Co. Chase with Stolen Vehicle on Honey Run Road
- 53rd Annual Pancake Breakfast Held at Honey Run Covered Bridge