The winter storm is here and will affect everyone this morning. I have been tracking heavy snow in Trinity & Siskiyou county with snow now falling in the Shasta County mountains and rain moving into Redding. The North Valley will receive the heaviest rain now through 7 am with the rest of the Valley having the heaviest band of rain reach them after 7am. This is also when the heavy snow will start falling in the Sierra. 1-2 feet of snow is expected above 3,000 feet with snow levels as low as 2,000 feet in the Sierra and locally lower for some farther North. After the larger band of rain moves through, there will be scattered showers and a few isolated thunderstorms through the afternoon. The rain clears tonight into tomorrow morning for most.
Redding could see a lingering shower on Friday morning with mountain regions seeing light scattered snow showers Friday morning, otherwise the day looks nicer with drier weather. Another system enters the region Saturday giving a stray rain chance for the North Valley, but otherwise the showers will remain light, scattered and stick to the mountains. Sunday looks nice with Valley highs in the upper-50s and partly cloudy skies.
MLK Day sees the return of another winter strom. It will not be as strong as today's system, but we can still expect light scattered to numerous showers in the region on MLK Day with the better chance for rain on Tuesday. Wednesday the system exits the region and we see the sun return.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Winter storm on Thursday but nicer weekend weather
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major winter storm ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Another winter storm ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather this weekend
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler by Thursday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Scattered Showers for Thursday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cool this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Triple-digits this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heating up this weekend