Partly to mostly cloudy skies and scattered showers continued across Northern California today. Less than a 10th of an inch of rain fell and it was a nice lull before a moderate atmospheric river event arrives on Friday. Temperatures will end up in the low mid 40's in the valley on Friday morning, and in the mid 20's to low 30's in the mountains. High temperatures are projected to top out in the mid to high 50's for the valley on Friday, while mountain areas end up in the 40's to low 50's. Very wet and windy weather is projected to return to Northern California on Friday afternoon and that will last into Sunday morning. A Winter Storm Warning is set to take effect at 4pm Friday afternoon and will stay in place through 1pm on Sunday for portions of the Sierra above 5500'. Snow levels will range from around 5000' to 6500' with this incoming storm and several feet of snow will be possible along the higher peaks. Heavy rain will be likely in lower elevations and we will have a decent chance for thunderstorms on Saturday and Sunday. Up to around 2 and a half inches of rain will be possible in the valley, and mountain areas will see between 2 to 4 and a half inches of rain from Friday morning through Sunday morning. Winds will become stronger, and gusts upwards of 40mph out of the South can be expected on Friday and Saturday. Temperatures will end up in the mid 50's in the valley from Friday through your weekend. Mountain areas will mostly end up in the low to mid 40's this weekend, but higher elevations will stay in the 30's.
Dry weather and average temperatures are currently projected to return as we head into next week. The next chance for showers will be returning next Wednesday into Thursday, but models are not showing much confidence on that wet pattern right now.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Winter Storm Warning arrives Friday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major Winter Storm Arrives Tonight
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A Major Winter Storm Arrives Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe Winter Weather Has Arrived
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning lingers
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry & chilly on Friday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Foggy Friday & Soggy Saturday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Another winter storm ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A major winter storm mid-week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heavier mountain snow arrives tonight