Today will be cold, rainy and windy (particularily tonight). Heavy snow in the mountains is possible with widespread rain in the Valley, some of it turning to snow in the late afternoon for locations in the North Valley.
Rain and snow will continue through the night then remain more "showery" in nature throughout the day tomorrow. Chain conrols, white-out conditions and road closures are likely tonight in mountain locations. This system will significantly impact your holiday travel plans if you are traveling through the mountains. Snow totals look to be 1-3 feet above 3000 feet with snow possible dropping as low as Redding or Red Bluff.
Snow showers and rain showers will be much more isolated on Thanksgiving but still very cold with overnight lows dropping in the mid-20s in the Valley. Definitely worth staying indoors and ejoying your warm Thanksgiving dinner.
By Friday night another system moves in, keeping highs in the 40s and dumping more Valley rain and mountain snow. Its possible overnight Friday that both Redding and Chgico could see some snow. The outlook on this is still uncertain, however. Widespread rain and snow is expected again on Saturday and Sunday before the rain begins to break up with warming highs back in the mid-50s on Monday.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Widespread rain & snow today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Widespread rain & snow Wednesday night into Thursday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Widespread showers & thunderstorms possible today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Chilly with rain and snow showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Sunny & drier before widespread rain this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Rain & Snow through Sunday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Rain & snow return Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Nice today but rain on the way
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very wet & windy today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today