Get ready for wet and cooler weather to return to Northern California for the rest of your week. Partly to mostly cloudy skies are ahead for the start of your Tuesday and we'll stay that way all day today. The cooling trend will ramp up across Northern California today and the potential for showers will return to the Northern Mountains this afternoon. We'll have a decent chance for some showers moving into the Northern end of the valley this evening, but the majority of our region is expected to stay dry today. We're starting out warm for your Tuesday morning. Valley areas have only dipped into the 50's to low 60's overnight, and mountain areas are starting out in the 40's for most cities early today. Winds will be out of the South to around 15mph this afternoon and humidity will only bottom out at around 30 percent. High temperatures will end up in the mid to high 70's in the valley this afternoon, and mountain areas will end up in the mid to high 60's later today.
Showers will become more widespread across Northern California on Wednesday and temperatures will continue to drop into the mid to high 60's in the valley. Snow levels will dip to around 5500' on Wednesday night and the National Weather Service has a Winter Storm Watch set to take effect from Wednesday night through Thursday night. Mountain travel impacts look likely towards the end of the week. We'll have heavier rain and the potential for thunderstorms in our forecast on Thursday. Looks like we may see a bit of a lull in the active weather on Friday but showers are projected to continue through your weekend. Scattered showers and chilly temperatures are projected for Saturday through Monday. Current models are hinting at an end to the wet weather by Tuesday of next week, and a modest warming trend returning to Northern California after the middle of next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Chilly today with more wet weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Mild today, but wet & cooler weather is ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Storm Tracker Forecast: Triple digits for the weekend but cooler weather ahead
- Wet & cooler weather ahead for your Friday
- Wet & cooler weather ahead for your Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very wet & windy today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cool this weekend