Today will be an active weather day. Scattered showers will be persistent through the day today with the best chances for thunderstorms in the North Valley in the afternoon. Mountain locations have a WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY until Wednseday at 11am. They can expect mostly under a foot of snow above 4000 feet but could still get above a foot for a few. Snow could down down to 2500 feet Wednesday morning. Travel in the mountains will be difficult and possibly hazardous with reduced visibilities, slippery, snow-covered roads and possible chain controls. Valley highs will also be cold today, only reaching the mid-50s.
Wednesday the showers & thunderstorms will be more isolated but still in the area. Same goes with the snow in the mountains, with the WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY expiring at 11am on Wednesday.
Thursday looks pleasant with mostly sunny skies and highs back in the low-60s. The same goes for Friday although it will be cloudier on Friday, especially in the evening.
Friday nigh into Saturday a weak disturbance swings through the area dropping light scattered snow showers in the mountains with snow levels above 5500 feet. Its unlikely showers will make it into the Valley but if they do, it would only be in the North Valley.
Sunday and Monday start a warming trend. Highs Sunday in the upper-60s and highs Monday start your week with low-to-mid 70s.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cold today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cold today, nice & mild tomorrow
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very wet & windy today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A cold & wet Christmas
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A wet & cold Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Chilly today with more wet weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & Rainy today but sunny next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cold and wet next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Christmas Day will be wet and cold