Today is looking to get a bit cooler with partly cloudy skies in the Valley and the chance for a few showers in the mountains.
Once the small disturbance leaves Sunday evening, you will see clearing skies through the night. Monday-Wednesday is looking to warm up and stay sunny due to a high pressure system. However, due to the way the ridge of high pressure will be situated, and given how strong it will be, we can expect very gusty north winds in the Valley and Foothills adn even in parts of the Sierra and Coast Ranges below 5,000 feet. The system will also mean very dry conditions with poor recovery overnight. Due to these two facts, a Red Flag Warning has been issued for the Valley and Foothills from 1pm Monday to 11am Wednesday.
Once we reach Thursday another system will begin to drop down from Canada. This is a very strong, cold weather system that will begin to push the ridge of high pressure out of our region on Thursday. This means we will see increasing clouds and cooler temperatures on Thursday. By Friday this cold system will be completely in our area. This means highs will drop into the low-70s Friday and into the weekend. Along with the cooler temperatures, cloudier skies across the region will be seen with a chance for showers in both mountain and valley locations. Even snow will be possible with snow levels at 6,500 to 5,500 feet due to the strength of this cold weather system.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warming up this week but much cooler by next weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Storm Tracker Forecast: Triple digits for the weekend but cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm Labor Day weekend but cooler temperatures are in sight
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather to start next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major warming trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler end to the week with high fire danger this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cool this weekend