We're getting warmer across Northern California today, but the threat of mountain showers and thunderstorms will return for your Wednesday afternoon. Skies are mostly clear in the valley and partly cloudy in the mountains for the start of your Wednesday. Temperatures are starting out very warm in our region this morning. Valley areas have only dipped into the low to mid 60's overnight, and mountain areas are starting out in the mid to high 40's this morning. Skies are expected to stay mostly sunny in the valley today, but clouds will be increasing in the Sierra this afternoon. The threat of showers and thunderstorms will be returning to the Sierra this afternoon, and will persist into this evening. A slight chance for a shower or thunderstorm will be possible in the North end of the valley. Winds will be out of the Northwest up to around 10mph, and humidity is expected to dip into the 20 to 35 percent range later today. High temperatures will be warmer than yesterday. Valley areas can expect high temperatures to top out in the mid to high 80's this afternoon, and mountain areas will end up in the low 70's to low 80's later today.
A very modest dip in temperatures and the potential for more widespread active weather will be ahead for your Thursday forecast across Northern California. The lions share of the active weather is still expected to be in the mountains, but we will have a decent chance for some showers and a chance for thunderstorms popping up in the valley on Thursday afternoon and evening. The warming trend will then continue across our region on Friday and the chance for active weather lingers in the mountains. The potential for afternoon/evening showers and thunderstorms will continue in the mountains through this weekend, but valley areas are expected to stay dry. We'll end up in the high 80's to low 90's in the valley on Friday, then in the low to mid 90's in the valley this weekend. The warming trend will ramp up as we head into the start of next week. Valley areas can expect to see temperatures soaring into the mid 90's to low triple digits by Tuesday. Dry weather and sunny skies are expected for the middle of next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with more mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much cooler with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & getting warmer today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Slightly warmer with a chance of mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very wet & windy today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooling trend peaks today!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot with the chance for mountain T-Storms returning today