Cooler temperatures and mostly clear skies are ahead for the start of your Wednesday. Air quality has improved across Northern California overnight, but we could see more air quality impacts ahead for today. Temperatures are several degrees cooler than Tuesday morning. Valley areas are starting out in the mid 60's, and mountain areas are in the 40's to 50's this morning. Winds are mostly calm and out of the Northeast for your morning, but will pick up to around 15mph out of the South this afternoon. Humidity has recovered well overnight, but is expected to take a steep drop this afternoon. Valley areas can expect humidity to drop into the 10 to 25 percent range this afternoon. The dry conditions will result in easier fire starts in our area, and you're advised to use caution today. High temperatures are projected to top out in the mid to high 90's in the valley and in the mid 80's to low 90's in the mountains this afternoon.
Thursday is expected to have very similar weather conditions to today. Temperatures will climb back into the mid 90's to low triple digits in the valley on Friday and then the entire valley is projected to end up in the triple digits this weekend. Skies will be sunny and fire danger will stay elevated across Northern California. The good news is that winds will stay out of the South to around 10mph. The Delata Breeze will at least help conditions to feel somewhat comfortable through your weekend. The heat will persist through the start of next week. High temperatures will be a couple of degrees above average on Monday, but will not be as hot as Saturday or Sunday. Looks like we can expect a return to mid to high 90's in the valley by the middle of next week. Showers are expected to stay to our East through your extended forecast, but there is a slight chance the patter could change as we head into next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm temperatures and elevated fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures and elevated fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger & hotter temperatures today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter with high fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Elevated fire danger next week with showers next weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures prompt a Heat Advisory today
- Mountain thunderstorms continue to elevate fire danger today
- Warming up with elevated fire danger this weekend
- Staying warm with elevated fire danger across Northern California
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very wet & windy today