Sunny to mostly sunny skies continued across northern California today and we did end up seeing some breezy winds out of the North this afternoon. Sustained winds did top out at around 15mph in the northern end of the valley and Redding reported gusts up to 28mph this afternoon. Temperatures topped out in the high 60's to mid 70's in the valley and mountain areas topped out in the 50's to 60's.
The trend of sunny skies and very warm temperatures will continue on Thursday. Low temperatures will be similar to Wednesday morning, but high temperatures are projected to end up in the mid 60's in the valley. Mountain areas will mostly top out in the mid 50's on Thursday afternoon. The latest models have showers breaking apart before they sag into California Thursday night and dry weather is expected through at least mid day on Saturday. Temperatures will stay very warm through Saturday as well.
An area of low pressure will track through the Pacific Northwest on Saturday and is expected to bring a modest drop in temperatures and the potential for showers back to the north state from Saturday night through Sunday. The best chance for showers will be in mountain areas but the valley currently has a 20 to 30 percent chance for light showers late Saturday through early Sunday. Snow levels will be down to as low as 5000', but amounts are expected to be fairly light. Around an inch of snow looks possible down to the 5000' level. As the trough of low pressure moves to our East on Monday gusty North winds will develop in it's wake. The latest projections keep us dry from Monday through at least Wednesday and have gusty North winds in the forecast for both Monday and Tuesday. Temperatures in the valley will be in the low to mid 60's through the latter part of your 7 day forecast, and mountain areas will be in the 40's to 50's.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm & dry end to your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry & warm end to the week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm & dry start to your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry & warmer end to your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very warm & dry end to your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm & dry Wednesday ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm, sunny, dry & breezy
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry with unusually warm temperatures this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm dry weather continues all week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm and dry all week