A ridge of high pressure stays in place today which means today will be much like yesterday. Cold as you head out the door this morning but warm this afternoon. Yesterday Redding reached 75 degrees, which was one degree away from their record! Red Bluff also reach 71 breaking their previous record of 70 degrees and Orland reached 70. We could see 70s again today but a few degrees cooler than yesterday. Redding could see low 70s with Chico reaching the upper-60s again. Mountain region hit the 50s again as well. We stay sunny and dry through the day with overnight Valley low dropping in the low-40s.
Tomorrow the ridge of high pressure weakens, allowing what we call an "inside slider system" to enter the region. Usually this time of year we get atmospheric rivers from the southwest in the tropics or we get winter systems coming from the Gulf of Alaska in the northwest. But the system coming this weekend is coming from the northeast. This means it will bring cooler weather, but it will make things dry and windy, not wet. So Valley highs on Saturday & Sunday are in the low-60s. Winds also gust up to 35 mph in the region as the slider system moves through on Saturday night and through the day on Sunday. We stay sunny in the Valley this weekend but a few clouds are possble in the mountain regions.
Starting Monday we warm back up into the upper-60s in the Valley, eventually warming back to the 70s for some by Tuesday & Wednesday. This warm weather is thanks to the ridge of high pressure building back into the area. This will also mean we remain sunny & dry next week.
Thursday and Friday is a little uncertain as all weather and guidance models are split of what could happen. Some have us staying warm and sunny. Others have the ridge of high pressure weakening, allowing for cooler and cloudier weather to move in with a few mountain snow showers. Only time will tell which scenario will play out.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm & Sunny Today, Mild & Windy this Weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very wet & windy today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Mostly sunny & very warm today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Breezy, warm & sunny today, cooler by Valentine's
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Sunny but less breezy & warm today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Windy & warmer this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying very warm & windy on Tuesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying mild Friday but warmer this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Breezy today, sunny all week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & Rainy today but sunny next week