Get ready for a welcome cooling trend across Northern California. Skies are partly cloudy this morning and will be mostly sunny to partly cloudy this afternoon. We'll be staying mostly dry today, but there will be a slight chance for some showers in Siskiyou County this afternoon. Temperatures have stayed mild overnight. Valley areas are starting out in the 60's to 70's this morning, and mountain areas have dipped into the 40's to 50's overnight. Winds are light and out of the North early today, but South winds are expected to pick up to around 10mph this afternoon. Humidity is not expected to get as low this afternoon, and is projected to end up in the 15 to 30 percent range later today. High temperatures will end up in the low 90's in the valley this afternoon, and mountain areas will end up in the mid 70's to low 80's today.
The cooling trend will continue through the middle of the week, and some areas will have temperatures 10 to 15 degrees below average for this time of year. We'll end up in the low to mid 80's in the valley on Wednesday and then fall into the low 80's on Thursday. Partly cloudy skies are expected over the next few days and there will be a chance for showers in from Northern Shasta County to the North on Thursday. Most of Northern California is expected to stay dry this week. Temperatures will climb back into the mid 80's on Friday and skies will be partly cloudy. Sunny skies and a modest warming trend are on the way for your weekend. Valley areas will climb back into the high 80's to low 90's on Saturday and into the low to mid 90's on Sunday. Sunny and warmer weather is expected to return for next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Modest cooling trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major cooling trend ahead!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooling trend peaks today!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very welcome cooling trend ahead!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major warming trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Some showers and a warming trend ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: HOT today but a welcome cooling trend is ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major cooling trend ahead for your work week!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High fire danger today and a cooling trend ahead
- Hot Weather Today, Cooling Trend Ahead