We're heating up in the North State today as a high pressure system settles in the region. Valley locations in the upper-90s to triple-digits and mountain locations reaching the 90s. Fire danger will also be elevated as it will be dry with winds 10-15 mph. The clouds have also left us out to dry. Expect full sunshine in the North State today except for a few mountain locations seeing some lingering clouds from yesterday.
As we go through the week and weekend, many valley locations will stay within triple-digits, with next week having even more extreme heat predicted. The hottest days in the 7-day forecast should be Monday and Tuesday with highs in Redding hitting 108 and highs in Chico reaching up to 103 on Monday. After that the high looks to weaken over our region and retreat back to the desert southwest. However, that is in more than 7 days. So we have a long heat wave ahead of us.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The heatwave is here to stay
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & heating up today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & toasty this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying hot and sunny this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & getting warmer today
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & smoky
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very wet & windy today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cool this weekend