Lots of rain and thunderstroms the last few days for our Northern area but the rain is gone, the sunshine has returned and things are heating up once again here in the North State.
Wednesday will be your hottest day of the week, with high in the mountains close to 90, Chico reaching 97 and Redding reaching 100. Still not too bad considering what we have seen in previous years in August.
The low pressure system that brought us to Fall-like temperatures on Saturday is far away now, but there will be another system swinging in from the North on Thursday. This will bring a steady decline in temperatures for the latter half of your week with Saturday's highs in Chico at 89 and Redding's at 92. This is not nearly as strong as Saturdays cool dow but it is still abnormally cool for a normal August.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The heat is back but not for long
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The heat continues in your extended forecast
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & smoky
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & heating up today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat ahead for your Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Excessive Heat Warning continues today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures prompt a Heat Advisory today