The winter storm has arrived and has already dropped measureable rain in the Valley along with widespread snow in the mountains. Even a thunderstorm this morning in Shasta county. The rain and snow will continue into tonight with 2-5 additional feet of snow expected to fall with snow rates reach 2-4 inches per hour at times. Mountain travel will be hazardous and should be avoided until after the worst of it leaves by Tuesday. Winds will also be gusty throughout the storm and temperatures will remain cold with Valley higs in the 50s.
We will continue to see active weather through Tuesday on St. Patrick's Day, where it will finally let up on Wednesday and allow us a break. Thursday Valley highs warm into the low-60s with some sunshine finally poping out for the first day of Spring. It doesn't last long though. Another wet system from the Pacific looks to move in by the following weekend. Why does this keep happening on weekends? I don't know. But plan for more active weather next weekend.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Another winter storm ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Winter Storm Warning arrives Friday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A major winter storm mid-week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A Major Winter Storm Arrives Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major Winter Storm Arrives Tonight
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major winter storm ahead for your weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A major winter storm moves in overnight
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The Winter Storm is Here
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Winter storm on the way
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast