Winds will not be as strong in the valley today, but gusty conditions haver persisted in higher elevations overnight. The Red Flag Warning is still set to stay in effect through 4pm this afternoon in the valley, foothills and some mountain areas. Low humidity will be the bigger concern in the valley today, but winds could still gust up to around 25mph in lower elevations. Gusts have been very strong in portions of the Sierra, and foothills since midnight. Peak gusts in the Jarbo Gap area hit 65mph just after 1am. A Wind Advisory is set to stay in effect for portions of the Sierra through noon today. Winds will become much weaker as we head into your afternoon. Temperatures are chilly for the start of your Wednesday. Valley areas have dipped into the 30's to 40's overnight, and mountain areas are starting out in the teens to 20's early today. Winds in the valley will be out of the North up to around 15mph with gusts up to 25mph. Mountain areas will continue to be windy early today, but those winds will taper off this afternoon. Skies will be sunny across Northern California and high temperatures will end up a couple degrees warmer than Tuesday. Valley areas will climb into the mid to high 60's this afternoon, and mountain areas will end up in the 50's to 60's later today.
Dry weather, sunny skies, and a modest warming trend are ahead through your weekend. Valley areas will dip into the 30's to 40's again on Thursday morning, but will end up in the low 70's on Thursday afternoon. Winds will be up to around 10mph out of the North, and we'll have an all around mild forecast for Halloween evening. It will cool down quickly on Thursday night, so grab a jacket if you're going to be out trick or treating. Temperatures will climb into the mid 70's on Friday and will then top out in the mid to high 70's in the valley this weekend. The trend of sunny and dry weather will persist into next week. Overnight low temperatures will become somewhat more mild through your weekend, but will still end up in the mid 40's in the valley. Daylight Savings Time arrives on Sunday, so don't forget to set your clocks back an hour.
Dry and warm weather is expected to persist through at least the middle of next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning lingers
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The Red Flag Warning lingers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning & Wind Advisory today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The Red Flag Warning continues today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning & Wind Advisory extended
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning on Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High Fire Danger prompts a Red Flag Warning today
- Storm Tracker Alert: Red Flag Warning issued for your weekend
- Pleasant Today, Red Flag Warning Returns Tonight