We're heating up and staying dry across Northern California today. Skies are clear for the start of your Friday and we're going to stay sunny through the day. Temperatures have dipped into the mid 60's to low 70's in the valley overnight, and into the 40's to 50's in the mountains this morning. Winds are starting out up to 10mph out of the Northeast this morning, but will become out of the South to 10mph this afternoon. The trough of low pressure to our North that has been keeping high temperatures in check is breaking down today and that will result in hotter high temperatures. Valley areas are projected to end up in the mid 90's to low triple digits this afternoon, and mountain areas will end up in the low 80's to low 90's later today. Humidity will dip into the 15 to 30 percent range this afternoon. The dry and hotter conditions will result in moderate to high fire danger again this afternoon.
Very similar conditions are expected in your Saturday forecast. We'll be sunny and hot across our region for the start of your weekend. Valley areas will end up in the mid 90's to low triple digits and mountain areas will mostly be in the 80's to low 90's. Another low pressure area will move into the Pacific Northwest on Sunday and that will help to usher in cooler temperatures towards the start of next week. We'll also have a chance for some mountain showers Sunday afternoon and evening. Temperatures will dip back into the low to mid 90's in the valley on Sunday and will then just be in the low 90's on Monday. Temperatures will slowly warm back into the mid 90's in the valley by Wednesday and the potential for triple digit heat will return to the valley towards the end of next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Sunny & hotter weather ahead for your Friday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Sunny & hotter weather on the way
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much hotter temperatures are ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures and elevated fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hotter temperatures prompt a Heat Advisory today
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major cooling trend ahead!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Major warming trend ahead
- Sunny & warmer weather ahead!