Get ready for another sunny and hot day across Northern California. Dress for the heat before you head out the door this morning, and make sure you're staying hydrated. Avoid outdoor activities during the peak heat of the day and keep an eye on sensative groups. The very young, elderly, and pets are more susseptable to heat related illnesses. We're starting out with clear skies this morning, and we'll mostly just be sunny today. Temperatures have stayed warm overnight. Valley areas are starting out in the 60's to 70's this morning, and mountain areas are in the 40's to 50's to start the day. Winds will be out of the North to around 15mph and humidity will dip into the 15 to 30 percent range this afternoon. High temperatures may end up a degree cooler than yesterday, but will still be around 10 to 15 degrees above average for this time of year. Valley areas will end up in the mid 90's to around 100 degrees this afternoon and mountain areas will climb into the 80's to low 90's later today. The hot temperatures, low humidity, and breezy North winds will result in elevated fire danger concerns this afternoon.
A welcome cooling trend is expected to take hold of Northern California on Thursday and will ramp up on Friday. Valley temperatures are projected to dip into the high 80's on Thursday and then down into the low 80's on Friday. Friday looks like the most comfortable day of your extended forecast. We will have a slight chance for showers brushing across the far Northern portion of our region on Friday afternoon, but showers are not expected South of Siskiyou County. Temperatures will start to rebound back into the mid 80's in the valley on Saturday. The warming will ramp up on Sunday as valley high temperatures climb back into the mid to high 90's. High 90's to low triple digit high temperatures are then projected for the start of next week. We'll be dry through your extended forecast.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying hot today but relief is on the way
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & smoky
- Staying HOT today, but modest relief is ahead
- Staying hot today, but some relief is ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying hot and sunny this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & getting warmer today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & heating up today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Drying out but staying cool today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying hot today, but welcome changes are ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying wet through Saturday