The heat continues and skies will be mostly sunny across Northern California today. We aren't going to see much if any relief from the heat in your extended forecast. Skies are starting out partly cloudy this morning, but will clear through the day. Sunny to mostly sunny skies are expected by this afternoon. Temperatures have stayed very warm overnight. Valley areas have only dipped into the 60's to 70's this morning, and mountain areas are starting out in the 40's to 50's early today. Winds are mostly light and out of the Northeast this morning. We are expecting winds to shift and become out of the Southwest to 10mph this afternoon. Humidity hasn't recovered well overnight, and will dip into the 15 to 30 percent range this afternoon. High temperatures are projected to top out in the mid 90's to around 100 degrees in the valley today and mountain areas will end up in the mid 80's this afternoon. The low humidity and hot temperatures will help to result in elevated fire danger continuing today. If you need to mow your lawn you should get that out of the way earlier in the day today.
The heat will persist through your extended forecast and skies will stay sunny across Northern California. Valley areas will continue to be in the mid 90's to around 100 degrees through Thursday. We are expecting a very modest dip in temperatures on Friday, but valley areas will still be in the mi 90's. The heat will ramp back up into the mid 90's to low triple digits in the valley this weekend. Make sure to keep a close eye on loved ones and pets. Temperatures will be hot enough to keep heat related illness as a concern in your extended forecast. We're also going to be staying hot and dry through your entire extended forecast, and that will keep fire danger elevated through your upcoming weekend.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying hot and sunny this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot & smoky
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Sunny & warmer weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & Rainy today but sunny next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Stay warm before more clouds late-week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying warm & dry through next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooling down but staying dry late week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying hot with poor air quality this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Not as hot for your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooling off next week