Since the winter storm we've seen multiple feet of snow in the mountains, snow down to 2000 feet, 0.6 inches of rain in Chico and over an inch in Redding. This morning the showers continue and should end by Wednesday morning. Expect trace amounts of rain to another half inch through today. Highs will also stay cold in the low-50s in the Valley with Redding only reaching the upper-40s. If you have any plans for St. Patrick's Day (today) you will need to dress warm & waterproof!
The winter storm will weaken and spin out over the ocean as it heads to SoCal. This will allow gradual warming back into the 60s by Thursday, which is the first day of Spring, yay! The sunshine will also pop out Thursday & Friday but more clouds move in over the weekend with small rain/snow chances mainly over the mountains. Monday could see another winter storm swing into NorCal from the Gulf of Alaska. Details on this system are still uncertain but will come into better focus in a few days.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: St. Patrick's Day will be wet & cold
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A wet & cold Wednesday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A cold & wet Christmas
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cold today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Christmas Day will be wet and cold
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cold and wet next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cold & wet again next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cold today, nice & mild tomorrow
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Very wet & windy today