Today is the first day of spring! Get excited! The sunshine returns today with valley highs back in the 60s. Before we get there, some of you will start your morning with clear skies with some teens in the mountains and some below-freezing temperatures in the valley.
This weekend we remain dry with highs reaching the low-70s in the Valley. I forecast we'll see some increasing clouds by Sunday afternoon or evening as two systems approach the area.
While we enjoy our wonderful weather, two low-pressure systems merge over the Pacific. I believe the merged system will make landfall in or just south of the Bay Area Sunday Night. Simultaneously a winter storm will move in from the North and merge with the Pacific system in the Bay Area. The will provide the chance for more widespread showers and snow Monday through Wednesday. Snow levels with this system will probably drop to 3000 feet. Other details about the storm will become clearer in a day or two.
Rain chances decrease by Thursday but another small system could swoop in which means rain chances may be lower but will not be completely gone.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Spring-like weather for the rest of the week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry & warmer the rest of the week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Mild & dry the rest of the week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Fantastic weather this week
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Some rain Tuesday before a warm up the rest of the week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Getting hotter for the rest of your work week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Sunny & warmer for the rest of this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: The heat is on for the rest of this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: A wet week ahead