Slightly warmer temperatures and the potential for some mountain showers are ahead for your Tuesday forecast. Skies are partly cloudy to start your Tuesday and will be mostly sunny to partly cloudy through the day today. Cloud cover will be more pronounced around the Northern portions of our region this afternoon, and there will be a slight chance for showers in Siskiyou, Trinity, and Shasta Counties. The remiander of Northern California to the South is expected to stay dry. Temperatures are starting out in the same range as yesterday. Valley areas have dipped into the 50's to mid 60's overnight, and mountain areas are in the 40's to 50's for the start of your Tuesday morning. Winds are mostly light and out of the Northeast early today, but will shift to become out of the South to 10mph this afternoon. Humidity is expected to stay above 25 percent later today and that is decent news for fire danger. Fire danger is expected to stay in the moderate range today, but will climb with the temperatures later this week. High temperatures are projected to top out in the high 80's to low 90's in the valley this afternoon, and into the 70's to mid 80's in the mountains later today. Most areas will have temperatures 2 to 3 degrees warmer than yesterday.
The wet system that is bringing the chance for mountain showers this afternoon will track into the Pacific Northwest by Wednesday morning, and we're left with dry weather in it's wake. Temperatures will be on the rise through the rest of this week. Valley areas will end up in the Low to mid 90's on Wednesday, mid to high 90's on Thursday, and high 90's to low triple digits on Friday. We'll still have some clouds lingering across our region on Wednesday, but those are expected to clear out by Thursday. Sunny skies and hotter temperatures will be ahead for all of Northern California late this week. Temperatures will be in the high 90's to low triple digits in teh valley on Friday and Saturday. The current outlook calls for a very modest dip in temperatures on Sunday, but we'll still end up in the mid to hihg 90's on Sunday afternoon. High 90's to low triple digits are projected for the valley on Monday. I hope everyone is able to take advantage of the cooler weather while it sticks around today. The heat is ramping up in your extended forecast.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Slightly warmer with a chance of mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with more mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Much cooler with mountain showers today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers and the chance for thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with mountain T-Storms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Hot with the chance for mountain T-Storms returning today
- Slightly warmer but staying comfortable today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Staying dry & getting warmer today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Widespread showers & thunderstorms possible today