Chilly temperatures, gusty South winds, showers, thunderstorms, and mountain snow are all ahead for your Tuesday forecast. Active weather will continue across Northern California today, and temperatures are expected to be cooler than the rest of the week ahead. We're tracking scattered showers moving back into Northern California this morning. Snow levels are expected to be around 5000' today and a Winter Weather Advisory will stay in place for portions of the Sierra down to 5500' through 8pm tonight. Around 6 to 12 inches of new snow looks possible today, with some isolated areas seeing the potential for up to 18 inches of new snow. Scattered showers are expected across the valley today and the potential for thunderstorms will return for your afternoon. Isolated pockets of heavier rain will be possible through the day. Winds will be up to 20mph out of the South, with gusts up to around 35mph likely later today. Temperatures have dipped into the high 40's to low 50's in the valley overnight, and into the 30's to 40's in the mountains this morning. High temperatures will top out in the low to mid 60's in the valley this afternoon, and mountain areas are projected to climb into the high 40's to mid 50's later today.
Most of the active weather will taper off in the valley by Wednesday morning, but mountain scattered showers will linger. We'll still have the potential for a shower or two popping up in the valley, but the main emphasis of wet weather will stay in higher elevations. Temperatures will become much warmer in the valley on Wednesday. Valley high temperatures will climb back into the mid 70's to low 80's, and will stay in that range through Friday. We'll end up with mostly sunny skies on Wednesday and Thursday in lower elevations. More clouds will settle back into our region on Friday. Mountain showers will continue through the entire week, and then valley showers are set to return on Saturday. We'll have a decent chance for thunderstorms developing in the valley on Saturday. High temperatures will dip back into the mid to high 70's in the valley this weekend. The latest models are pushing the active weather to our South on Sunday into Monday. Mid 70's and mostly sunny skies are projected for your Memorial Day forecast in the valley. Warmer and dry weather will be returning towards the middle of next week.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers and the chance for thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Widespread showers & thunderstorms possible today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with showers and thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Chance of showers Saturday
- Showers & a chance for thunderstorms today
- Showers & a chance for more thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers & thunderstorms ahead for your Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers and a chance for thunderstorms this weekend
- Showers and thunderstorms likely today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with a chance of showers ahead