It's feeling like Fall across Northern California today! Cooler temperatures, showers, and thunderstorms are all ahead for your Monday forecast. Winds are picking up out of the South through the day. Showers made their way into the Northern Mountains late Sunday night and have now spread into the valley for at least the start of your Monday. We've already tracked thunderstorms through Shasta, Tehama, Butte and Siskiyou Counties this morning. There is a Red Flag Warning in place along the Eastern Slopes of the Sierr this morning due to low humidity and gusty winds. That warning is set to expire at 11am this morning, and there are no indications that it will be extended. Fire danger is dropping with the rain and cooler temperatures moving in today. Temperatures have dipped into the mid 60's in the valley overnight, and mountain areas are starting out in the 40's to 50's this morning. The best chance for showers will be early in the day today but some showers could linger into your afternoon. Some clearing will be possible this afternoon in the mid valley. Winds will be up to 15mph out of the South, and we could see gusts up to around 25mph this afternoon. High temepratures will end up in the mid to high 70's in the valley today, while mountain areas top out in the 50's to 60's this afternoon.
Dry weather and clearing skies are expected for your Tuesday. Temperatures will end up a few degrees warmer than Monday, but should stay in the 70's in the valley. Another decent chance for showers will be ahead on Wednesday. Current models are showing some wet weather across Northern California on Wednesday, but showers are not expected to be as substantial as what we have projected for today. Skies will slowly clear and temperatures will warm for the end of your work week. High temperatures will end up back in the mid 80's by Friday and skies will be mostly sunny. Sunny skies and mid to high 80's can be expected on Saturday. More clouds, cooler temperatures and the potential for showers will return in your Sunday forecast. Current temperature projected put the valley in the low 80's on Sunday afternoon. Models are split on the chance for showers on Sunday, but we should get a better idea of what to expect for the latter part of your weekend over the next couple of days.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers & thunderstorms ahead for your Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: More showers ahead for your Monday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers and the chance for thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Widespread showers & thunderstorms possible today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with showers and thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Thunderstorms & high fire danger ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler with a chance of showers ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Plenty of showers ahead for this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heavier rain & snow showers ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Some showers and a warming trend ahead